Thursday 1 September 2016

4 Month Physique Re-comp Results (Lean Bulking)

This post is going to highlight the progress I made while recomping. By recomping I don’t mean literally gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time but more so a case of indecisiveness where I would bulk for about 4 weeks then cut for 2 weeks and repeat. During this period my diet was a lot cleaner than on my previous 11 month bulk which meant a more moderate surplus. I stuck to between 3600-4000 calories per day most of the time but while cutting I stayed at around 3000 which worked effectively for short period.


Here is some of my max working sets by the end of this 4 month period
Leg Press: 230kg x 10
Deadlift: 200kg x 3
Decline Dumbbell Press: 42kg for 5 sets of 7 reps


This was a large increase from my lifts prior to starting this new workout split.
I continued to train using a push/pull/legs routine but changed the exercises from my previous routine. I was still pretty new to lifting at during  this period so I could take advantage of beginner gains and I also learned a lot of vital information during this time such as the importance of using a more moderate surplus and staying as lean as possible while still adding mass.


Weight Gain
90kg @ 15% [76.5ffm]
96kg @ 11% [85.5ffm]


9kg fat free gain
3kg fat loss
6kg net weight gain


Before




After

No comments:

Post a Comment